15 Cholesterol Lowering Foods
15 Cholesterol Lowering Foods you should know. Why do you need to know? I think it would be useful today and the days that followed. Before talking about cholesterol-lowering diet. It helps me re back on cholesterol. Cholesterol is one of body fat (lipid) that is essential for the activity of cell membranes, making hormones, vitamins and bile acids. Cholesterol also helps in the transmission of nerve impulses.
There are two kinds of cholesterol: bad-called low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and a well-known high-density lipoprotein (HDL). Levels of cholesterol in the blood depends on what you eat and how the body makes cholesterol in the liver. Having too much cholesterol in the blood is not a disease, but can lead to hardening and narrowing of the arteries (atherosclerosis) in the cardiovascular system. For the 15 cholesterol lowering foods, is in need.
- Nuts. Walnuts, almonds and other nuts may reduce blood cholesterol. Research has shown that eating a few walnuts every day can lower your cholesterol by 27 percent. According to the drug control agencies and the U.S. Food Administration (FDA), consuming about a handful (42.5 grams) of almonds, hazelnuts, peanuts, pecans, pinenuts, pistachios and walnuts, can reduce the risk of heart disease. Omega-3 fat content and antioxidants in nuts work to rehabilitate the arterial damage caused by saturated fats.
- Green tea. Study in Japan found that the anine in green tea beneficial to increase the good cholesterol and prevents the formation of bad cholesterol. You should drink at least four cups of sugar-free green tea every day to get the benefits.
- Tomatoes. Drinking two glasses of tomato juice a day lowered bad cholesterol from your body significantly.
- Fruit Wine. Red grapes increase good cholesterol. It is recommended to drink two glasses of grapefruit juice every day.
- Blueberry. Blueberries contain a large number of substances that fight bad cholesterol. Compounds in blueberries (pterostilbene) may help lower cholesterol as effectively as commercial drugs with fewer side effects.
- Plum. Such as blueberries, plums have a large amount of material that lowers cholesterol.
- Soy products. Soy products like soy milk, tofu and tempeh are not only reduce your cholesterol, but also rich in protein.
- Garlic. Garlic has a positive effect on your bad cholesterol while maintaining good cholesterol. Many clinical trials have looked at the role and benefits of garlic on cardiovascular disease, mainly by lowering total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. American Dietetic Association recommends that the health benefits of garlic, we should consume 600-900 mg (approximately one clove fresh) per day.
- Olive oil. Olive oil can reduce the bad cholesterol from your body. Researchers at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid (Spain) found that olive oil enriched diet helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Coconut oil. Research Dr. Mary Enig MS of Nutritional Sciences and other research noting that natural coconut oil (non-hydrogenated) increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- Avocado. Unsaturated fat in avocados is the kind of healthy because it can increase your HDL cholesterol levels.
- Flaxseed oil. Flaxseed oil can lower blood pressure in men with high cholesterol. In the three-month study of 59 middle-aged men, those who took flaxseed oil supplement every day had lower blood pressure significantly.
- Fish and fish oil. A study from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology found that people with type two diabetes who consumed high doses of fish oil over nine weeks lowered the concentration of cholesterol in their bodies.
- Pomegranates. A study by the National Academy of Sciences (USA) showed that pomegranate juice reduces cholesterol plaque buildup and increase the production of nitric oxide helps reduce arterial plaque.
- Yogurt with pro bio-tics. Several studies have shown that the pro bio-tics Lactobacillus acidophiles and Lactobacillus re uteri actually help lower cholesterol. They work by preventing the re-absorption of cholesterol back into the bloodstream.
This is a 15 cholesterol lowering foods. Hopefully the above article useful for you